Its that time of the year..
Sorry for the lack of updates to this blog. It is probably a good thing because the quota issues are going to be back with a bang soon.
The past few months have been relatively quiet. We witnessed the Gurjar agitation, the Tamil Muslim agitation for subquota, todays protests against the AP muslim quota, the recent St Stephens Christian quota. Yes, this is what we call a quiet period. The Presidential race also served as a good distraction.
Now the OBC quota, which forms the life blood of countless political formations is going to be heard by the Supreme Court tomorrow (Jul 17th).
Some warm up action.
1. Centre wants stay on quota lifted ( Details here )
2. Symbiosis OBC quota stayed ( Details here )
3. Hindu activists protest AP Muslim quota ( Details here )
4. Paswan insists on SC / ST quota in private jobs. (Details here )
5. Catholics Bishops Conference plans to increase the Christian quota across the country.
DNA reported on Thursday that the Catholic Bishops Conference of India has prepared a document titled ‘All Indian Catholic Education Policy 2007’ aimed at increasing the number of seats for Christian students, Dalits and tribals in the 25,000 schools and 400 colleges it runs across the country.