Private sector reservation – how will it happen ?
The burning question today on everyones mind is: Will private sector reservations really happen ?
Politicians only care about dividing our society, there is NO WAY that private sector reservations will happen across the board. That would provide no advantage to politicians because all communities own businesses that will be impacted.
Knowing our politicians fully well, here are my predictions:
- All minority owned private enterprises may be exempt from reservations. If you think this is bizarre – just wait and watch. This is exactly what has happened in education. In other words, reservation in Infosys but no reservation in Wipro !
- It will start off as SC/STs only, but soon OBCs will join in. Already many OBC leaders view private sector reservations only as a starting step towards a quota for their own kind. Many are specifically not pushing for a OBC quota at this stage.
- It is possible that companies owned by OBCs may be exempt from it or may demand a lower quota (ie. only for SC/ST percentage).
- It will destroy corporate India, every worker will look at every other worker suspiciously and form cliques. Today , no one talks about things like caste at the work place. All set to change.
- All companies owned by politicians will find a way out because those in charge of monitoring (government officials) will simply look the other way.
- Meritorious OBCs will suffer the most. Today most companies hire without any consideration for caste, now even the students who come in due to brilliant perfomance will have to disclose their caste to their employer because the employer needs to meet the numbers.
Of course, just like monitoring of quota system in education, there will be no statistics available. Everyone will come up with their own numbers to justify their point of views and life will go on in this wretched land.