Why the Aussies hate us ? Outlook loses cool
1. Media should credit to Australia for giving 200,000 Indians a ticket out of India. Outlook never covered the corruption scandals that make millions want to quit India in the first place.
2. Crying racism works (eg Shilpa Shetty, popadum, ka-ching) – but is pathetic. If Aussies were racist, they would not have let the Indians in. Everyone knows the Indian elite loves Australia for vacations. If Aussies were racist, that would not be the case.
3. The media conveniently leaves out the fact that Ranjodh Singh was likely an Indian-on-Indian crime. Even after the arrests were made, none of the media outlets issued a clarification.
4. Incorrect comparison with Chinese and other immigrants. Please, the Chinese do not retaliate with some Kung-Fu moves. They are just not the in-your-face type immigrant like the Indians. See how many of the reported incidents happened outside a bar at 2:00AM. Indians are just not mature enough to introspect and grok the immigrant-host concept.
5. This is not to say that there are some incidents that are real. But crying wolf, pulls the focus of those cases which have a good chance of getting a conviction.
The right way is to counsel the Indian who are departing to Australia. Remember, they do so of their own accord, often selling everything they have here, even pawning off their parents property.That is how badly they want to get the hell out.
Outlook should introspect and focus on internal scandals. The world does not owes us Indians anything.