Independence day adhoc benefit reminder
Half page ad seen in major papers on the occasion of Independence Day.
Blogged for the record.
Some points are not clear in the image (trying to get a better quality picture) :
- 75+ Lakh scholarships awarded till date. Is there a scholarship platform for all Indians ?
- 1.4 Lakh Crore given to Minorities under Priority Sector Lending. Are all poor not a priority sector ?
- 4.22 Lakh houses under IAY (Indira Awas Yojna) for minorities. Do all people in this slum get houses ?
- Jazzy website with online scholarship management (OSMS) . Are all Indians allowed to login ?
- Lakhs of beneficiaries at all levels including post matric (list here). Can all Indians get onto a similar list ?
The simple truth is the UPA government is running a targeted benefit rollout as if there exists a much larger secular programme in place.
Welcome to the twilight zone where inclusive turns into exclusive.